Pages

MoreBeer.com - Absolutely Everything! for making your own beer at home.

Amazon

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Alaska Amber Clone

Another day, another amber ale.  This was originally going to be for Old Dirty Randy and his roofing crew, but he brewed one up himself instead.  So now I'll have an amber again.  Fine by me.  I found the recipe somewhere online I think (it's been a while since I wrote it up).  Here's the details...

Recipe:
5.5 Gallons

Fermentables:
7.5 lb GW 2-Row Base
8 oz CaraPils
5 oz Crystal 90L
5 oz Crystal 120L
2 oz Special B
1 oz Roaster Barley

Anticipated OG: 1.042
Actual OG: 1.043
Anticipated FG: 1.012
Actual FG: 1.010
ABV: 4.3%

Hops:
2 oz Fuggles for 60m
1 oz Mt Hood for 5m

1 oz Mt Hood Dry Hop for 7 Days

34 IBU

Yeast:
Fermentis Safale 05

Notes:
Smooth brewing on this batch on Monday August 6th.  Brewed 2 batches that day.
Update 8/13/12: Racked to secondary and added 1oz of Mt Hood Dryhop.
Update 8/17/12: Kegged.  I'll do a taste update next week.
Update 8/27/12: Tastes great and it is less filling.  I'll try to do a side by side sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help Support Me! Do your Amazon shopping through this link!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...