Pages

MoreBeer.com - Absolutely Everything! for making your own beer at home.

Amazon

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Hey Porter!

So in my two years of brewing I have yet to brew a porter.  So I picked up a basic recipe from Brew Brothers and went for it.  It turned out ok, but I was hoping for something closer to a Black Butte Porter.  I guess I should have just brewed one of those... The name is a nod to the great Johnny Cash and his song, "Hey Porter".  So heres the details (which you can get in a printed form from Brew Brothers).

Recipe:
5 gallons

Fermentables:
8.25 lb GW 2 Row
1 lb Crystal 10L
.25 lb Black Patent
.25 lb Chocolate

Anticipated OG: 1.052
Actual OG: 1.048
Anticipated FG: 1.017
Actual FG: 1.011
Actual ABV: 4.8%

Hops:
.75oz Fuggles for 60m
.5oz Fuggles for 10m
.75oz Fuggles at Flameout

Yeast:
WLP011 European Yeast

Notes:
Smooth brewing.  I did this one before we started our Cana meeting, so the two overlapped.  Always good to brew with friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help Support Me! Do your Amazon shopping through this link!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...