Pages

MoreBeer.com - Absolutely Everything! for making your own beer at home.

Amazon

Friday, June 17, 2011

Trixie 2.0

So the Happy Birthday Aunt Trixie was a huge success, especially to my wife.  She was really psyched on it and started to give me some flack about giving it away, so I told her I would brew up some more.  So here it is.  I modified it a bit from the original, but it's pretty similar.

Recipe:
5.5 Gallons

Grain:
10 lb GW 2-Row

Hops:
.6oz Nugget Pellets from Old Dirty Randy for 60m

Yeast:
1056 Slurry that keeps on giving

Extras:
1tsp Irish Moss at 15m
I'll add 24oz of boiled and strained Raspberries when I rack to secondary.

Notes:
The new grain mill at Brew Brothers must be doing it's thing because I was back to 75% efficiency today.  That means that instead of 4.2ish % ABV, I got 5%.  Still a decent session summery ale, so I'm happy with that.  OG was 1.052.  FG should be about 1.013 for the 5% mark.  Everything went super smooth as well.  Total brew time was about 4 hours.  Sunny day as well.  Perfect Brew Day!
Update 6/25/11: Racked to secondary and added the raspberries.  I boiled 24oz for about 1/2 hour and then strained out the chunks and added the raspberry juice/extract to the brew.  Forgot to get a final gravity.  I'm assuming it was around 1.012ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help Support Me! Do your Amazon shopping through this link!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...