Pages

MoreBeer.com - Absolutely Everything! for making your own beer at home.

Amazon

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sierra Nevada Pale Round 2

So I tried the Sierra Nevada again today.  This time I dropped to Crystal 40L instead of the 60L to try to get the color a little closer.  I also used fresh Cascade hops for the flameout aroma addition.  Everything went smooth, although it took 6 hours since I was doing a double batch.  I ended up with close to 12.5 to 13 gallons fermenting.  This will nicely fill my keg, fill 48 bottles for my neighbor, and still leave me with a supply to give away to friends!

Recipe:
25lb GW 2-Row
1.65lb Crystal 40L

Hops:
1.5oz CTZ for 60m
.5oz Warrior for 30m
1oz Fresh Cascade for 10m
4oz Fresh Cascade at flameout for 10m

Yeast:
1056 Wyeast slurry that keeps on going!

Extras:
2tsp Irish Moss @10m

Notes:
Gravity came in at 1.062.  It was supposed to be 1.063, so I'll take it!  Smooth brewing day, other than ending up with about a gallon more than anticipated.  Maybe I need to lengthen my boils to 75m.
Update 9/4/11: Kegged my portion and got 12 12oz bottles with it.  It's pretty cloudy, but really tasty.  I also bottled my neighbors portion and got 48 12's for him and another 18 12's for me!  Nice thing about having too much, I get to give some away now! FG on my batch was 1.011, and 1.016 on the other half.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help Support Me! Do your Amazon shopping through this link!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...