Pages

MoreBeer.com - Absolutely Everything! for making your own beer at home.

Amazon

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Blind Pig Clone

So I really like Blind Pig.  My wife likes Blind Pig even more.  So, this is my attempt at making it.  I searched some recipes online and then came up with my own based on those and on the info on the Russian River site.  We'll see how this turns out...Hopefully it's awesome!

Recipe:
5.5 gallons

Grain:
10.5# GW 2-Row
1.2# Crystal 40L
.5# Briess White Wheat
.5# Carapils

Hops:
1.25oz CTZ @60m (16.7%)
1oz Cascade @ 30m (6%)
1oz Cascade @ 15m (6%)
1oz Centennial @ 2m (10%)
.5oz Simcoe @ 2m (13%)

1oz Simcoe for 7 Days Dry-hop
1oz Centennial for 7 Days Dry-hop
1oz Cascade for 7 Days Dry-hop

Yeast: 
1056 Slurry

Notes:
I brewed two batches today (this was the second) and things went well.  Partially sunny day as well (rare for Portland in November).  Hit my marks all around.  Originally Gravity was 1.062 (target was 1.063).
Update 11/28/11: Nothing happened for a couple days, but now there's a ton of foam on the surface and it's fermenting away.  I came closer to the 5.5 gallon amount this time (instead of the 6+ gallons I'd been getting lately) so it's not flowing out the top, which is nice not to have to clean.
Update 12/16/11: Racked to secondary and added the dry hops.  FG was 1.016.
Update 1/27/12: Holy Cow!  This was sooo goood.  Started enjoying this on Christmas Day, and finished it off probably in about 10 days.  Man oh Man, you should brew this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help Support Me! Do your Amazon shopping through this link!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...