Pages

MoreBeer.com - Absolutely Everything! for making your own beer at home.

Amazon

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Hop Harvest Part One

The bounty on the trellises.

So my neighbors had planted hops to go over their trellises a few years ago and haven't ever used them for anything except shade and great aesthetics.  They had offered me free reign of them for brewing purposes so today I started the harvest.  I picked about 17 gallons today in about 2 hours.  There's probably another 50-70 gallons available to be picked.  I think they're mostly cascade, although we're not certain on that.  I put them on a couple screens in my blazing hot attic as well as in my grain dryer outside.  Hopefully they get good and dried out by tomorrow so I can pick more.  Now to just find someone with a vacuum sealer so I can package them.  Here's some pics of the harvest.

A portion of a bucket full.



Drying on the grain dryer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help Support Me! Do your Amazon shopping through this link!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...