Pages

MoreBeer.com - Absolutely Everything! for making your own beer at home.

Amazon

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Brew Tree

So after coveting Randy and Scott's brew trees, I jumped on the banjowagon, ordered some banjo burners and welded me up a brew tree.  Well, by I welded I mean that me and Randy told our good buddy Dean-O-Rean-O how we wanted it and he made it happen.  It's good to have friends.  So anyways, it's about 90 inches tall including the caster wheels to make moving it easier.  The base 'H' is 42 long on each side and the center bar is 21 inside length, or 24 total.  It's super solid!

We welded each 'U' to the center vertical pole and gave it an extra support piece.  Under those we added banjo burners from agrisupply.com to each about 4.5 to 5 inches below the bottom of the keggle so I can be boiling/heating in a jiffy.  I had to cut the burner and pieces I could use from the base, but that was cheaper than ordering just the burner and then having to get regulator's and hoses.

The top tier is 22 inches below the top, and the next one is lower and the next one is lower.  If you want the specifics I can get them, I just don't want to get off the couch again.  We put the bottom tier high enough so I can fit my counter-flow-chiller under it and the fermenting bucket below that without having to lift up the keggle to something higher.  That way I can do 10 gallon batches for friends when they can't make it to help or be here for the whole time.

I still need to sand it and paint it.  I got some 2000 degree black paint so it'll look nice.  I'll probably do that next week.  Here's some more pics and close-ups of the details.

I'll break this thing in tomorrow with my buddy Gregg (with 3 G's, not 2).  We're going to make some more of the Bitter American Clone.  I'll post about that later....

Close up of the banjo beneath a keggle.

The extra support for one of the 'U's.

Easy Rollin!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Help Support Me! Do your Amazon shopping through this link!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...